Too HARD for kids section!
Posted: 24 April 2011 11:11 AM
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2923
Joined  2009-10-08
Heres the section in the Family thread where mums like yourself get to share game difficulties with other mums.

if you have brought a game for your little one and they are having difficulty with it and you feel that its too hard for kids to play make note of it here.

THis is also a space for you to share "easy" child friendly games.

i will reserve 2 posts for me to edit at a later date incase this post becomes too full.

please feel free to list your easy and too hard games and i will add them to the list.

TOO HARD

Kinect carnival xSHADOWx
Eye Pet for PS3 Liora

MAY NEED SOME HELP

EASY AND KID FRIENDLY
[ Edited: 14 June 2011 04:30 AM by xSHADOWx ]
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

PopchiX Chix of the month March 2011

Posted: 24 April 2011 11:11 AM   [ # 1 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-08
RESERVED
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

Posted: 24 April 2011 11:12 AM   [ # 2 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-08
RESERVED FOR LATER
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

Posted: 02 May 2011 01:33 PM   [ # 3 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  294
Joined  2009-09-04
I answered in the other thread but it also depends on personal skill and patience *coughs*. I can certainly list what I put there but I believe there is going to be some debate on what's too hard VS skill and age. Perhaps defining the child age and what is expected (driving skill, etc...)? There are some kids who blow me out of the water in games so I am hesitant to list them as too hard.

My list is pertaining to an 8 year old:

Younger Child:
Rango
Night at the Museum 2
Megamind
Open Season
Surfs Up

Younger/Older Child:
Ben 10 (one and two)
Bolt
Meet the Robinsons
Toy Story 3
Bolt
Up
Cars
Spiderwick Chronicles
Where the Wild Things Are
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Older Child/Adult:
Mini Ninjas
Harry Potter OOTP
Kung Fu Panda

Poor Mechanics:
Legends of the Guardians
Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal
 Signature 

Twittering | 360 Blogging

Posted: 13 June 2011 07:00 PM   [ # 4 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2010-05-03
TOO HARD: Eye Pet for PS3

- it is too hard and extremely frustrating for my 3-year-old, and for me too! Just feeding the pet took forever, and my daughter couldn't do it herself (which is too bad because she was looking forward to it). You have to do a number of steps to feed it, and I found it extremely frustrating because I felt like I was fighting with the camera/controller to try to get it to do what I wanted. With much difficulty, I managed to pour 3 cookies into a bowl, then (again with more difficulty) poured 3 cookies into the pet's mouth, and after fighting to pick up cookies and throw them for the pet to catch, I finally gave up and quit the task out of frustration (all three of those stages were part of the "feed" task, so I didn't technically manage to feed it at all I don't think). Washing the pet wasn't quite as bad, but again, more fighting with the camera/controller and trying to figure out exactly where to move the controller to get it to move in relation to the pet on the screen. It just shouldn't be that complicated.

We got this game for her, because she loves Nintendogs for the DS Lite, and we thought this would be even better. She can't play all of Nintendogs extremely well yet, but she can get around in it, and feed and bath the dog herself. Even the menus with text in Nintendogs, also have pictures that she can recognize. A lot of the instructions in Eye Pet are text only, and they pop up on the screen in text boxes with no voice instructions, so she has to rely on us to read them. I'm not sure what the age rating for Eye Pet is (I can't find the box because my hubby must have put it somewhere... which is also frustrating!! lol), but based on the fact that even I find it frustrating and annoyingly difficult at times, I would say this is too hard AT LEAST for young children. ... it might be OK for older children or adults who have MUCH more patience than I do for things that are difficult even though they look like they should be simple tasks.

‹‹ Are Kids Games Too Hard?      Special Needs ››