1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4
Eurovision Song Contest 2011
Posted: 12 May 2011 06:18 PM
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1724
Joined  2010-08-06
Sorry Europe but I do believe the title of EUROVISION CHAMPIIIIIIIIION is going to be in the hands of my native Ireland's hands come saturday.. Let's just forget about that act we had in the last eurovision.. Dustin.. The singing turkey.. A national legend who was just lost in translation to the european crowd. rolleyes

Dustin- Irlande Douze Pointe

This year is our year & our act (who I was only months ago mortified to be associated with by culture alone) were pretty damn good! Okay. Well.. compared to the others smile

Jedward- Lipstick
 Signature 

XBOX & STEAM: frillysocks
Nintendo: 4914-4661-6617

Posted: 12 May 2011 06:33 PM   [ # 1 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1531
Joined  2010-03-10
Frilly - What is this? I just watched 2 videos that I have no idea what they are. Is this some sort of competition?
 Signature 

Gamertags
XBL, PSN, STEAM: maribel21

Posted: 12 May 2011 07:05 PM   [ # 2 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-06
You've never heard of the Eurovision? Man you've been missing out haha! rolleyes Suppose it doesn't include America so it wouldn't be a big thing over there, [too much talent across the atlantic long face ]. Yeah it's basically a big competition amongst european countries for 'best song' that happens every few years. You can vote for any country except your own. Depending on the phone votes (say from Ireland) determines how many points go to a specific country. You give points away to a maximum of 12 countries. Country with the highest phone votes by the Irish get 12 points, second highest get 11 points and so on.. Most years you see a lot of neighbor grouping, France voting for Spain.. and so on. Whichever country wins, they host the competition the following round. It is pointless fun.

Mainly though people watch for the giggles. Very funny lyrics.. dancing.. obscure costumes.. Oh and the hosts video conference with each country to retrieve the results and that is generally hysterical!
 Signature 

Posted: 12 May 2011 07:10 PM   [ # 3 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-10
You crazy Europeans!
 Signature 

Gamertags

Posted: 12 May 2011 07:13 PM   [ # 4 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-06
Jealous Americans.. rolleyes smile
 Signature 

Posted: 12 May 2011 07:20 PM   [ # 5 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-10
LOL

Ha ha...I am jealous.
 Signature 

Gamertags

Posted: 12 May 2011 07:50 PM   [ # 6 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1482
Joined  2010-10-07
HAHA... you're into this frilly?

Oh man.. the time of feeling embarassed for my country has come once again... wink Although Germany won last time I can't stand that song, nor the girl singing it. And the worst is that I think she is gonna compete again this time. Sigh.

Ireland has my "douze points" for all that I care xD
 Signature 

Work hard, play harder!  smile

Posted: 12 May 2011 07:54 PM   [ # 7 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-10
Luci - you should make a song and enter into the competition. Didn't you say you wanted to get into music? Germany Represent!
 Signature 

Gamertags

Posted: 12 May 2011 08:02 PM   [ # 8 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-06
Awh man how could you not be into this thing.. It's just too funny. That's exactly what it is, feeling mortified for your country and laughing hysterically at others. LOL Jedward are sort of a national cringe in general so they seemed like the right fit. Everyone here is really into it, it has taken over my facebook feed, I just dig it for the humour. I'm working so could only dip in and out but I saw one act and they were wearing cones on their heads.. they reminded me of singing gnoooomes. Where else could you get that?

Edit: Didn't catch Germany. Going to have to youtube that. Throw you off your BBC2 game with some wickedly awful german song'age.
 Signature 

Posted: 12 May 2011 08:04 PM   [ # 9 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-10-07
Not into THAT kind of music and putting on some glitter costume and doing some dance that looks like you're having seizures in front of an audience made of grannies and gramps xD

I wonder what kwynn has to say about all this. I think she hasn't been in Switzerland long enough to witness the nightmare that is Eurovision Song Contest but...behold the entry that Switzerland had 2007, it made my Swiss boyfriend die a thousand deaths inside.. lol. DJ Bobo is a bit of a legend here too, because he sucks so bad lol.

DJ Bobo - Vampires are alive

You know, actually I'm starting to get in the mood for watching some both hilariously funny and embarrassing presentations. lol
 Signature 

Posted: 12 May 2011 08:07 PM   [ # 10 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-10-07
frillysocks - 13 May 2011 12:02 AM
Awh man how could you not be into this thing.. It's just too funny. That's exactly what it is, feeling mortified for your country and laughing hysterically at others. LOL Jedward are sort of a national cringe in general so they seemed like the right fit. Everyone here is really into it, it has taken over my facebook feed, I just dig it for the humour. I'm working so could only dip in and out but I saw one act and they were wearing cones on their heads.. they reminded me of singing gnoooomes. Where else could you get that?

Edit: Didn't catch Germany. Going to have to youtube that. Throw you off your BBC2 game with some wickedly awful german song'age.

Okay, you convinced me. I'm definitely going to pin you down on that and asking where my promised song is lol. I might learn your singing turkey in exchange. HAHA.
 Signature 

Posted: 12 May 2011 08:21 PM   [ # 11 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-06
Took me a few minutes but I just found one of my all time favourites.. (could remember there were animals involved).

Austria:// Eurovision Song

HAHA you singing Dustin would verge on epic I think. I'll spring the german song out right when you least expect it.. gulp big surprise
 Signature 

Posted: 12 May 2011 09:56 PM   [ # 12 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2009-12-22
OMG they still do this??? How in the world have i missed it!

I used to watch this a long time ago...and i used to love it! Of course i couldn't understand what the hell they were singing about in most songs but hey i was dancing anyways lol

The last year i watched was in 2004 (omg so long ago!!!) and i remember this song! Ukraine - Eurovision 2004 - Ruslana - Wild Dance
 Signature 

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can’t do.

Twitter=^_^=Facebook

Posted: 13 May 2011 12:29 AM   [ # 13 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-10
Wow...I like none of those songs.
ha ha...costumes look fun and the dances are cool.
You gals enjoy your Eurovision.
 Signature 

Gamertags

Posted: 13 May 2011 04:52 AM   [ # 14 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-06
It can be really difficult to understand what the hell they're singing sometimes! One of the songs last night started with 'you say it's impossible.. I say it's possible' (subtle rhyming) I couldn't make out the rest but I think it's going to be a worldwide anthem for hope. Just watched the 'wild dance' video and I totally remember that, very 'xena' out on the town'.
 Signature 

Posted: 13 May 2011 08:55 AM   [ # 15 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2009-12-21
Wow....I'm with Maribel on this one. You enjoy your eurovision....maybe it's cause I'm American? lol
 Signature 

GT: LadyPhoenix74
PopChixAddict#007

“It’s mercy, forgiveness, and compassion, I lack; not rationality.”

Posted: 13 May 2011 09:33 AM   [ # 16 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-06
Awh you're missing out. Ive seen American idol auditions.. Let's not pretend there aren't a few crazies over there.. Haha!
 Signature 

Posted: 13 May 2011 10:28 PM   [ # 17 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2009-12-21
Haha, there's plenty of American crazies!!
 Signature 

GT: LadyPhoenix74
PopChixAddict#007

“It’s mercy, forgiveness, and compassion, I lack; not rationality.”

Posted: 14 May 2011 06:23 AM   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2823
Joined  2009-09-04
Lucienna - 13 May 2011 12:04 AM
Not into THAT kind of music and putting on some glitter costume and doing some dance that looks like you're having seizures in front of an audience made of grannies and gramps xD

I wonder what kwynn has to say about all this. I think she hasn't been in Switzerland long enough to witness the nightmare that is Eurovision Song Contest but...behold the entry that Switzerland had 2007, it made my Swiss boyfriend die a thousand deaths inside.. lol. DJ Bobo is a bit of a legend here too, because he sucks so bad lol.

DJ Bobo - Vampires are alive

You know, actually I'm starting to get in the mood for watching some both hilariously funny and embarrassing presentations. lol

hahaha - I actually did catch some of it but I didn't know what I was watching at the time. I was like "what's with the costumes and the goofy singing?"

Vampires are alive made me lol.
 Signature 

Posted: 14 May 2011 06:38 AM   [ # 19 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2923
Joined  2009-10-08
well england has blue.... im not to sure about this entry but i suppose its better than the crap we had previous years. ill be voting for ireland since they are out neighbour and thats how every other f'n european country votes... "love thy neighbour"

i think most years is about politial votng more than ability, yet i remain hopefully one year it might change.

ill be watching tonight at 8pm GMT and after the final act has preformed im gonna make my predictions of who wins. however i think jedward have a great chance, they are annoying as hell but i think thats why we love them
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

PopchiX Chix of the month March 2011

Posted: 14 May 2011 09:45 AM   [ # 20 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-06
Yeah Blue might have a chance, haven't actually heard their song. But it'll probably be, as you said, the same as ever (neighbours voting for neighbours) sucks to be an island eh? People here are like 'no we don't want to win, it'll cost too much to host and we're broke'. Psssh. Some years it's almost an Ireland vs. The U.K seeing as though we have no chance against greater Europe.
 Signature 

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4