Jedward - too dumb to live
Posted: 21 July 2011 08:58 AM
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2823
Joined  2009-09-04
OMG - last night I caught them on two different British quiz talk shows. These boys are dumb as rocks. I guess that makes for mild entertainment but I hate to think that they are role models for today's youth.

Has anyone else seen them on talk shows? Are they truly that stupid?
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 10:11 AM   [ # 1 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1724
Joined  2010-08-06
big surprise

I don't believe theyre as stupid as they make themselves out to be. They made it quite far on the x-factor due to their 'appeal', they entertain due to their annoying nature. I believe they have created a 'package' & so far they have made millions. Theyre from south Dublin with fairly humble beginnings. They have gone on to sell out theatre shows for nights on end here.

Would I go see them? Never.

But they have accumulated enough money to buy a house, further study and have a good time.

Am I jealous? Oh yes.

One thing actually that bugs me is their accent, the south dub accent can be considered a little, snooty, but add in the fact they like to throw in a fake American accent to sound 'cool', listening to them makes them sound obnoxious.
[ Edited: 21 July 2011 10:15 AM by frillysocks ]
 Signature 

XBOX & STEAM: frillysocks
Nintendo: 4914-4661-6617

Posted: 21 July 2011 10:35 AM   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-04
Well maybe they were on drugs then because they sounded like complete idiots. Half the time they didn't even seem to realize jokes were being made at their expense because they were saying such incredibly silly things.

Oh well - I was just surprised that they came off so simple. You would think that educated people who were traveling and had exposure to the things they clearly have exposure to would sound a little brighter. gulp

They are very cute and I can see why all the young girls like them.
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 10:46 AM   [ # 3 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-06
I think they are incredibly immature for their age. They have little to no substance and I totally agree with what you said about being poor role models.You know maybe they are as stupid as they appear, but they know how to market their stupidity. Entertainment is not so much about talent anymore but more about controversy and headlines, it's a little sad really.
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 11:27 AM   [ # 4 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2923
Joined  2009-10-08
dont believe what the media portrey. i am no fan of jedward. but regardless of how they appear on tv is no grounds to call them, they appeal to small children and would make excellent childrens entertainers.

and to be fair that are probably smarter than most of the people the schools are kicking out today, britain is screwed up that much, the children are uneducated and to be in a job in this country you need to be famous. We have no education, no jobs and no money, yet the country still likes to screw over the people that do work and do have education. regardless of whether they appear stupid or not, they have a job and they make money, that is not something that shouldnt be mocked.
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

PopchiX Chix of the month March 2011

Posted: 21 July 2011 11:27 AM   [ # 5 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2923
Joined  2009-10-08
and talk shows are the biggest pile of poop out.
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

PopchiX Chix of the month March 2011

Posted: 21 July 2011 02:19 PM   [ # 6 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2010-01-04
I love Jedward. They remind me of a train wreck or a car wreck. It's like your curiosity is so great that you can't look away even if you want to.

Also, I do think parents and the media need to understand one thing: Teenagers are NOT role models. Ever. Even if they're supposed to be held at a higher standard and to do things morally right, they're still teenagers at the end of the day. This is a general statement, and there may be SOME teens who are very responsible for their age but they are just as likely to make mistakes as anyone else.

Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 02:27 PM   [ # 7 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-06
The education system here is not the worst but John & Edward do not act as though they have been well educated. If you view them and think 'yes, fine young lads representing the pinnacle of the Irish education system' I would be mortified and insulted. They may have received the education but by no means do they lead you to believe that they meet the average level of intelligence of an Irish teenager.

They may be creating a facade of stupidness/goofiness for entertainment, but when it is the only way you see them it is difficult to perceive them in any other way.

Don't get me wrong, the more power to them for branding themselves and being successful, I have nothing but admiration for the fact they have made it in the business to a degree and the fact they have an incredibly positive attitude. They are also renowned for being incredibly nice to their fans and being respectful guys. But they didn't become famous for their smarts.
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 02:57 PM   [ # 8 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  261
Joined  2010-09-01
i think when they came about something was said or done to which made them look dumb and then they played on it.

EDIT: was it buzzcocks you saw last night? because they were really special on that.
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 03:11 PM   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-04
sparklefingers - 21 July 2011 02:57 PM
i think when they came about something was said or done to which made them look dumb and then they played on it.

EDIT: was it buzzcocks you saw last night? because they were really special on that.

Yes - buzzcocks was one of the quiz shows. And special is definitely the right word sparklefingers. smile

And yes - I have to admire them for going out there and making something of themselves.

I guess the difference for me is I've also seen Justin Bieber on shows and I think he's about the same age and he comes off as fairly intelligent and well spoken.
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 03:39 PM   [ # 10 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-01
i've never seen justin bieber (thank god! lol!)

they were on Keith lemon's show for the whole series and they just came across as over the top dumb, kind of like no one could be THAT dumb but they're playing it. i mean they couldn't even spell potato (Keith says that in a fake Irish accent)

in fact this should be it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ieMXSjMUg

EDIT: not for children! forgot some of the words they were spelling!!!
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 03:46 PM   [ # 11 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-06
sparklefingers - 21 July 2011 03:39 PM
i've never seen justin bieber (thank god! lol!)

they were on Keith lemon's show for the whole series and they just came across as over the top dumb, kind of like no one could be THAT dumb but they're playing it. i mean they couldn't even spell potato (Keith says that in a fake Irish accent)

in fact this should be it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ieMXSjMUg

'poh-TAY-toh'.. you sure thats a fake accent? Haaa. Yeah I think it's one big act.
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 03:52 PM   [ # 12 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-01
I only say fake because other words he tries to say in an Irish accent are terrible... which is why i think he says potato.
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 03:54 PM   [ # 13 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-06
He sounds like a leprechaun.. or that guy from 'P.S I love you' at a push.

One thing with Justin Beiber though, because of all the pre-teen attention he gets, he has the most insane ego.
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 03:59 PM   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-04
Keith Lemon is so funny.
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 04:00 PM   [ # 15 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-01
well he doesn't sound like any of the irish people i know or hear... lol
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 04:05 PM   [ # 16 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-06
Umm yeah me neither haha.
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2011 04:09 PM   [ # 17 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2009-10-13
I saw them on 8 out of 10 cats last night...I really don't see why these two are so popular!
I really hope they will fade away very soon lol

Posted: 21 July 2011 04:11 PM   [ # 18 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-01
unfortunately they are here to stay at the moment. my 6 year old niece loves them....
 Signature