1 of 2
What can you play ?
Posted: 26 October 2009 06:44 PM
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2009-10-21
What type of instruments can you play ?
I can play the drums, Jamba, Conga's, Bongo's. And I create my own (techno/ ambient/ Acid house) music on fruity loops. (Music software)

Posted: 26 October 2009 07:02 PM   [ # 1 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1127
Joined  2009-09-12
Voice was my major at Philippine Women's University-College of Music... But we had to minor in different instruments for Theory Class and Asian Instruments... My favorites were kulintang, piano, guitar and drums...
 Signature 

Love me, hate me, whatever… I’m here to GAME!

Xbox Live Ambassador
GamerchiX Member
PopChiX Member/ChiX of the Month Jan. 2010

Posted: 26 October 2009 07:15 PM   [ # 2 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2009-10-13
I can play bass and currently learning how to play to guitar. I'm not great but i will get there one day lol

Posted: 26 October 2009 07:44 PM   [ # 3 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2009-10-20
Just piano.

Posted: 27 October 2009 12:11 AM   [ # 4 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  343
Joined  2009-09-07
Does playing the recorder count? I still remember how to play that from grade school. cheese

*slinks away hoping to not get pelted with sheet music*

I don't have the ears for music. I can't tell the difference between music played on cheap cruddy speakers and those played on a good sound system. They sound identical to my ears. But give me a document to proof, or have me search for a buoy on the horizon at dusk and I'll spot error/buoy super fast.
 Signature 

Happy to be gaming.

Posted: 27 October 2009 12:39 AM   [ # 5 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2009-10-20
Mistress Sara - 27 October 2009 04:11 AM
Does playing the recorder count? I still remember how to play that from grade school. cheese

*slinks away hoping to not get pelted with sheet music*

I don't have the ears for music. I can't tell the difference between music played on cheap cruddy speakers and those played on a good sound system. They sound identical to my ears. But give me a document to proof, or have me search for a buoy on the horizon at dusk and I'll spot error/buoy super fast.

Yes it does count :D I hate that instrument though, lol.

Posted: 27 October 2009 01:05 AM   [ # 6 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2009-10-13
I remember when i was at junior school all the girls wanted to be in the recorder club so they could play in assembly along to the hymns lol
I sucked at it though, only could play londons burning shut eye

Posted: 27 October 2009 01:24 AM   [ # 7 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2009-09-07
I played clarinet in middle school. Wasn't particularly good at it, and stopped shortly after. My husband is one of those people who can just pick up an instrument and start playing. I am so jealous. He lays the drums (he's awesome at it), and can play the guitar & bass fairly well. My office is littered with his musical instruments! I trip over his drums at least once a day--thinking about banishing him out to the garage or something
 Signature 

I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.

Posted: 27 October 2009 02:45 AM   [ # 8 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2009-09-04
I played flute for 7 years, middle and high school. I was actually pretty decent, usually made the district and tri-state honor bands and made it into a couple flute choirs. I miss it sometimes. I still remember the notes and such...I doubt I'd sound that great. I'll have to get it out and see.

But...in the meantime..I do rock at drums on guitar hero smile
 Signature 

GamerchiX
XBL Ambassador

Posted: 27 October 2009 07:42 AM   [ # 9 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2009-09-20
Recorder, triangle, tamborine!

Hahaha, seriously though - Piano, Clarinet and acoustic guitar. Though I have not touched an instrument for over 15yrs, so I probably can not play anything more than the Triangle now! raspberry
 Signature 

I swear I’ll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.

Posted: 27 October 2009 11:06 AM   [ # 10 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2009-10-21
Wow with this many women playing instuments we could have a all exclusive girl band. lol

Posted: 07 November 2009 07:04 PM   [ # 11 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2009-11-07
I play guitar...but not too well haha.
I would love to learn how to play the drums and piano someday hehe

Posted: 08 November 2009 07:12 PM   [ # 12 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  352
Joined  2009-10-26
I am a percussionist mainly: drumkit, timpani, xylophone. Not properly played in a few years though as they are too big / expensive to have my own.

Voice was my second instrument in school but if you don't use it you lose it (and smoking didn't help) so can't quite hit the high notes anymore but still sing okay.

I have a keyboard and guitar which I play to varying degrees of ability depending on how much I practice.
 Signature 

Posted: 28 December 2009 07:21 AM   [ # 13 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2009-12-19
Rayofsunshine - 26 October 2009 10:44 PM
I create my own (techno/ ambient/ Acid house) music on fruity loops. (Music software)

I use FL Studio too... been trying my hand at some psytrance of late.

I also used to play in a goth band - mainly keyboards/synth and a bit of rhythm guitar and bass.
 Signature 

XBL: bodgie sparkle
PSN: bodgatronica

http://raptr.com/bodgie

Posted: 10 April 2010 01:34 AM   [ # 14 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1290
Joined  2010-03-22
I played clarinet from 5th grade to 8th and then switched to flute and was in marching band in high school. I can play some saxophone, and peck out a tune on a piano. Currently I am taking acoustic guitar lessons and teaching myself how to play trumpet. I love learning to play new instruments.
 Signature 

I’m crazy but you like me that way.
A Twitter I haz it: @Purplepooki
Steam Playdate Hostess, playdates every Thursday at 8:00 PM EST Look for me in the PopChiX Steam Group or message Purplepooki

Posted: 10 April 2010 01:46 AM   [ # 15 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2010-04-09
Heh Trumpet/Cornet - Depending where it is needed, I also transpose stuff in Sibelius. I used to play a long time ago the recorder, but gave that up when I found my true musical calling smile
 Signature 

GamerchiX Member - New Zealand
PopchiX Member - New Zealand
Oh you found the Purple Maniac
“Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.”
Musician/Student/Gamer

Posted: 11 April 2010 10:07 PM   [ # 16 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  119
Joined  2009-10-07
I used to play the clarinet in junior high school.
 Signature 

?´¨)
¸.•´¸.•?´¨) ¸.•?¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.?

Posted: 12 April 2010 08:02 PM   [ # 17 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2009-12-21
i can't play any instrument. none. zero. zilch.

someone once told me that i was "tone deaf..." but someone else told me that it was just a matter of an "untrained ear", and that very few people are actually tone deaf...?

i don't really know, but instruments are soo not my thing.
 Signature 

GT: LadyPhoenix74
PopChixAddict#007

“It’s mercy, forgiveness, and compassion, I lack; not rationality.”

Posted: 12 April 2010 10:57 PM   [ # 18 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2009-09-07
i can play the clarinet, trumpet, and saxophone. I've been in my high school's marching band all 4 years. Some of the best moments of my life. Not doing it in college next year though.
'
 Signature 

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren’t so busy denying them.

Posted: 13 April 2010 01:25 AM   [ # 19 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2009-09-08
Played clarinet for way too many years in school. I absolutely hated it and wanted to switch to percussion, but that never happened. I ended up teaching myself how to play guitar, piano, and drums.
 Signature 

Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

Posted: 11 November 2012 03:14 AM   [ # 20 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2012-11-08
Growing up, I played the guitar and drums. But since school, sports, and other activities kicked in- I stopped playing those instruments. So... a year ago, I picked up the ukulele and now I'm just jamming here and there with that. Ukulele FTW! smile I love it.
 Signature 

1 2 > 
1 of 2