What music did you grow up listening to?
Posted: 26 October 2009 09:29 PM
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2009-10-13
My parents used to play a variety of music when i was growing up but it was mostly Metal, Goth and alot of popular 80s music.
I used to listen to alot of artists like The Cure, Slayer, Depeche Mode and Nirvana. Still bands i like listening to today.

It's weird because some of the music i liked and some i hated but nowdays the songs i hated are now ones i love confused

So what sort of music and artists did you used to listen to while you were growing up??

Posted: 27 October 2009 01:34 PM   [ # 1 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2009-10-09
my mom and dad loved country but when i got old enough to buy my own music i listen to death metal , rock anything that has a metal or rock feel to it, i also like a little bit of country, i cant stand rap music it drives me nuts

Posted: 20 November 2009 02:04 PM   [ # 2 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2009-10-21
My parents didn't listen to alot of music when I was younger but I was mainly influenced by my brother and sister. But I did see a Pink Floyd concert in Germany when I was a baby, maybe that is why I love music with guitars in it.

Posted: 20 November 2009 02:36 PM   [ # 3 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2923
Joined  2009-10-08
i grew up listening to grunge music, pearl jam, soundgarden, nirvana etc etc
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

PopchiX Chix of the month March 2011

Posted: 24 July 2011 08:25 AM   [ # 4 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  735
Joined  2011-06-01
I mostly grew up listening to anything my dad listened to cuz I wanted to be just like him lol. Lots of 70s stuff. I know Electric Light Orchestra was one of his absolute favorites. I think Chicago? The Eagles.. I know my parents listened to the Beatles. I have so much trouble with band names, I honestly have to hear the music but yeah, like I said lots of 70s stuff. It's funny cuz I don't listen to most of it on a constant basis now but if any of it ever comes across the radio or whatever I'm always like "oh I know that song! ...thanks dad *embarassed*" lol. It always happens in the crowd who turns and goes "wth? >.>"
 Signature 

Hoodies are awesome! Also purple everything…

Posted: 24 July 2011 11:19 PM   [ # 5 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  625
Joined  2009-09-07
Elvis, Big Band, 60s and 70s light rock and by my own choice, country! I also started liking some alternative rock and punk when I was in my later teen years. And now? I love all of the above. Though Country is my all time favorite. And I've added on: More oldies, J-Pop, French Pop and K-Pop. Oh and Celtic! And any sort of geeky music!
 Signature 

Prepare to be CREAM PUFFED!
http://lariatsandlavender.blogspot.com

Posted: 30 July 2011 03:56 AM   [ # 6 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2009-12-21
I grew up in a very strict, religious home, so it was all christian music, and country.

Now that I'm grown, I like anything and everything secular.
 Signature 

GT: LadyPhoenix74
PopChixAddict#007

“It’s mercy, forgiveness, and compassion, I lack; not rationality.”

Posted: 30 July 2011 10:07 AM   [ # 7 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2010-01-04
I grew up listening to my dad's music which was mostly from the 70s and some 80s. KISS, Alice Cooper, Queen, Journey, Foreigner, Jethro Tull, Rush, etc. But when I was a teenager I was all about Korn, nine inch nails, Marilyn Manson....and the only one I still listen to is nine inch nails. I still love depressing Trent Reznor songs.
 Signature 

Posted: 30 July 2011 11:29 AM   [ # 8 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1482
Joined  2010-10-07
stitches, you're SOOOOO lucky. My dad's music was horrible, I hate country up to this day, ESPECIALLY Hank Williams, which was my dad's fave. But I know and hate them all...
Oh yeah, and then the religious sort of stuff my mom used to listen to, so Lady Phoenix, I'm right there with you -.-

Metal saved my teenage sanity.
 Signature 

Work hard, play harder!  smile

Posted: 23 August 2011 11:24 AM   [ # 9 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2011-08-17
I grew up listening to a lot of 50's and 60's songs because of my parents. I also grew up listening to the big hair bands like Aerosmith, Poison, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard.

Posted: 19 March 2013 04:55 AM   [ # 10 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  405
Joined  2013-03-17
I grew up loving roxette still love them to this day and my favorite grab the comb and start singing is tell it to my heart by taylor dayne and not me not i by delta goodrem
 Signature 

Here’s the thing when you go home i still have to live with him

Posted: 31 March 2013 10:56 AM   [ # 11 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2009-12-21
My dad likes oldies, so I'd listen to them as well. My aunt and uncle love classic rock. My friends were into rock n roll, and as a teenager, I listen to a lot of alternative.
 Signature 

GT: LadyPhoenix74
PopChixAddict#007

“It’s mercy, forgiveness, and compassion, I lack; not rationality.”