Self tanners/Bronzers because we all spend too much time in front of the monitor :P
Posted: 12 June 2012 01:11 PM
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  619
Joined  2010-01-06
I have Irish, Scottish, English, and Native American heritage...but my very pale European ancestry dominated my skin coloring and hair. I am pretty fair skinned with brassy undertones to my blonde hair so I sometimes look for products that will give me a little color in the summer...since I do spend so much time indoors playing games and such smile

I have been using MAC Creme Bronzer in Beach Bronze (from the limited edition 2010 To The Beach Collection). It seriously needs replacing. I love it, but I've used it since last summer and that's my shelf-life for creme-type products...and it's almost out.

I also used Victoria's Secret Bare Bronze moisturizing daily use facial self-tanner lotion. It was very subtle but I ran out last year and need something new. Preferably something that doesn't have -that- smell...you know...the self-tanner smell! Yuck.

I like products I can double-duty so in the off season I can use it as contouring as well, but I try to stay away from powders as they don't do well when I do go out in the humidity or hang out at the pool. I also have dry skin so anything that adds a a bit of dewy-ness is welcome wink

What do you gal's use?
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard
Subscribe to my gaming blog, Limited AddictionOr my personal one: EnchantedDaisy

Posted: 13 June 2012 03:50 PM   [ # 1 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1279
Joined  2010-02-04
EnchantedDaisy - 12 June 2012 01:11 PM
I have Irish, Scottish, English, and Native American heritage...but my very pale European ancestry dominated my skin coloring and hair. I am pretty fair skinned with brassy undertones to my blonde hair so I sometimes look for products that will give me a little color in the summer...since I do spend so much time indoors playing games and such smile

I have been using MAC Creme Bronzer in Beach Bronze (from the limited edition 2010 To The Beach Collection). It seriously needs replacing. I love it, but I've used it since last summer and that's my shelf-life for creme-type products...and it's almost out.

I also used Victoria's Secret Bare Bronze moisturizing daily use facial self-tanner lotion. It was very subtle but I ran out last year and need something new. Preferably something that doesn't have -that- smell...you know...the self-tanner smell! Yuck.

I like products I can double-duty so in the off season I can use it as contouring as well, but I try to stay away from powders as they don't do well when I do go out in the humidity or hang out at the pool. I also have dry skin so anything that adds a a bit of dewy-ness is welcome wink

What do you gal's use?

I don't use anything (50/50 Irish and Arabic), since I tan up quite nice in the sun, but have you tried spray tanning? A very fair skinned friend of mine does that and it works out better for her. Less fuss and she gets a deal from the local place by booking a few sessions over the summer!

Posted: 13 June 2012 04:27 PM   [ # 2 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  619
Joined  2010-01-06
I used to visit a tanning salon but mostly in the winter to help combat seasonal-affective-disorder, but found that I did actually tan a *bit* if I kept my sessions short (about 10 minutes on the lowest setting bed they had), used a good tanning bed lotion, and went 3 times a week. I felt better, my skin looked and felt healthier, and I had a bit of color. I quit going when I couldn't get that voice out of the back of my head that said I was going to get skin cancer from using a tanning bed :/

After that I started thinking about spray tanning but it seemed expensive for the amount of time it lasted, and I was afraid it would come off on my clothes, furniture, etc. I don't use self-tanners on my body for the same reason. I saw an ad for a spray tan salon the other day and their ad said it only lasted a few days. I thought that was really short! Maybe for a special occasion it would be worth it though.
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard
Subscribe to my gaming blog, Limited AddictionOr my personal one: EnchantedDaisy

Posted: 14 June 2012 03:58 AM   [ # 3 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  179
Joined  2012-02-08
i'm a redhead and have very pale skin. i used to be frustrated with the fact that i don't tan, but not anymore. i'm done with that and i just accepted my paleness smile
and it really does not look good if i use bronzer. very abnormal... big surprise
 Signature 

so long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
so long lives halo, and this gives life to me

Posted: 18 July 2012 04:42 PM   [ # 4 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  261
Joined  2010-09-01
I like being pale. smile I can't use tanning lotions because they cause my skin to feel like its been set on fire and I can't use the beds unless I like looking like a lobster. I can't even sit out in the sun for 5 minutes without burning... Though I don't have that problem here ATM. We've got lost poster out looking for the sun here. It's been that long since we've seen it.
 Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2012 12:33 PM   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2009-12-14
I'm cool with my pale skin as well. I try to avoid the sun at all costs because when I'm 40 I don't want to look like an old catchers mitt due to tanning/too much sun exposure.
 Signature 

Xbox Gamercards

Posted: 19 July 2012 04:11 PM   [ # 6 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-08
haha cookie, i know what you mean!
 Signature 

Posted: 23 July 2012 02:45 PM   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  501
Joined  2009-04-01
This? LOL http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/05/02/11507740-what-caused-the-nj-tanning-moms-leathery-look?lite

I am so useless with tanning lotions and wipes. I always end up all streaky. I'm also not a fan of standing around naked waiting for it to dry, panicking when it starts to rain or having palms that look like an oompa loompa. So add me to the list of chix embracing the pale. :-D
 Signature 

PopChiX Co-Founder: http://www.popchix.com | Gamer, Designer, Lizzie, Zoe, Tyson & Roscoe [my bulldogs + pibble] Lover, Freak, Pain in the ass

Posted: 24 July 2012 07:13 AM   [ # 8 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-08
@dirtydiva: hilarious! this is excatly how we don't want to end up! LOL
 Signature 

Posted: 17 August 2012 12:33 AM   [ # 9 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2009-12-21
I was born white, and I burn like a lobster in the sun, so I just stay white. I figure, there are worse things in life.
 Signature 

GT: LadyPhoenix74
PopChixAddict#007

“It’s mercy, forgiveness, and compassion, I lack; not rationality.”