Why is this happening?
Posted: 30 March 2013 12:20 PM
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2009-12-22
So I moved in with my boyfriend about 3 months ago and I'm having such a hard time getting used to living with someone. It's driving me crazy cos I think that's not normal!

See I'm used to doing everything by myself...and I pretty much love it. I lived by myself, went shopping by myself, groceries by myself, I even went to the movies by myself a few times and I just absolutely love it...I actually like being alone. I love that I can do what I want without having to explain to someone the WHY. I like being able to immerse myself in a game and don't be constantly interrupted by somebody else. I like the silence.

Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my friends and all that...but at the end of the day I just like to go home and relax with my loneliness. Before moving in together I used to spend every single weekend in my bfs house...and that didn't bother cos by Monday I was out and back in my apartment. But having him all day every day in the same place as me is driving me crazy.

AND I'm not getting used to someone touching all my stuff either!! I hate when people touch my stuff and this brings problems between us. I blame my parents for this! They should've had given me a sister or a brother so I could learn how to share lol.

I have lived with someone in the past, but that time that other person was never home, it was like being alone most day. When he came home he just watched tv on the living room while I gamed on the gaming room...that was heaven for me! No watching 4 movies in a row and then talking for 3 hours and then watching more movies...ugh!(I really hate watching tv...I get so bored)

I get that my bf wants to spend time with me but it drives me crazy...I feel so cold hearted geez.

*sigh* Seriously thou...I'm trying my best to be nice and be happy. But I just can seem to be happy when I feel like someone has invaded my space...yea that's exactly how I feel actually! Like someone just invaded my private bubble! This feels horrible...and I feel horrible because I want to enjoy this time with him. But all I can think of is "please 5am come quick so he can go to work and I can be alone"

Sorry if my post annoys you but I needed to get this off my chest!
 Signature 

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can’t do.

Twitter=^_^=Facebook

Posted: 30 March 2013 12:40 PM   [ # 1 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  810
Joined  2012-09-05
Aww, you're not annoying. smile You've got to let this stuff out!
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 30 March 2013 01:51 PM   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2469
Joined  2010-08-04
I understand how you feel. Sometimes we all just need a little bit of alone time. If you have enough space where you live I would say just tell him that you are going to take a little bit of time and then go in a room by yourself and do what you want. If you don't then I would say find somewhere in your community that you like to go like a coffee shop or even the library. Then you can still have time away from him. I don't know what to tell you about the stuff though. I have had a lot of trouble with that too, but after 8 years I am kind of used to it and we are at a point where everything is ours not just his and mine.
 Signature 

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=allets

Posted: 30 March 2013 01:56 PM   [ # 3 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  867
Joined  2011-06-11
Seriously? Are you like my long lost twin or something? big surprise You sound exactly like me, LOL!

I too am the only child and I don't like to share my stuff with others, nor do I like anyone touching them. I'm used to doing stuff on my own and I ENJOY being on my own. Like you said, hanging out with friends is fun but I LOVE coming home and just relax without anyone bothering me. I don't like having to explain to someone where I am going and why, I like to be ''free'' so to speak. I am so worried when my boyfriend moves in with me next weekend that I'm not going to be able to handle it, the fact that I have to live with someone else and not being able to do what I want when I want is killing me. I guess it's about adapting but it's still annoying.

So know that you are definitely not the only one who feels like this!!

Posted: 30 March 2013 08:21 PM   [ # 4 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2009-12-22

Ladies thank you so much for replying smile I don't feel so alone anymore. *hugs*

I miss my apt in PR and my car for sure, I miss being able to hide in my bubble or run away in my car :( ...but I'll just have to work on this before it ruins the relationship.

@Twisted We definitelly sound like twins! smile If you're going crazy when your bf moves in, feel free to vent here or just PM me...but I'm sure everything will go fine smile
 Signature 

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can’t do.

Twitter=^_^=Facebook

Posted: 31 March 2013 02:27 AM   [ # 5 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  867
Joined  2011-06-11
Fifiville - 30 March 2013 08:21 PM

@Twisted We definitelly sound like twins! smile If you're going crazy when your bf moves in, feel free to vent here or just PM me...but I'm sure everything will go fine smile

Ok, remember now that YOU said it so if I start to bother you, you only have yourself to blame. hehe wink

Posted: 31 March 2013 06:32 AM   [ # 6 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  810
Joined  2012-09-05
By the way, as someone with a sibling -I can safely say it doesn't prevent the "don't touch my stuff" mindset. It just makes it worse! XD
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 31 March 2013 10:26 AM   [ # 7 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2009-12-21
I need my solitude, and I need my space. I'm territorial, and I'm extremely particular about the people I let into my home. It has been known to take a year or two before he even gets a key to my place. I'm naturally guarded, and carefully reserved, when it comes to men. I do not like others all up in my space, and I do not like them constantly hanging around, having to answer them.

I am way too fiery and independent to live with someone, honestly. Other than my sister. We're the best roomies! ^_^
 Signature 

GT: LadyPhoenix74
PopChixAddict#007

“It’s mercy, forgiveness, and compassion, I lack; not rationality.”