Total Votes: 3
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Lip Stains
Posted: 28 May 2013 04:48 PM
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  619
Joined  2010-01-06
I have a few and am impressed by none (so far!). I've read reviews everywhere and they are all over the board. What have you tried and loved and why?
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard
Subscribe to my gaming blog, Limited AddictionOr my personal one: EnchantedDaisy

Posted: 29 May 2013 05:16 AM   [ # 1 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  810
Joined  2012-09-05
I've tried both Revlon ones. The original lip stain was a nice idea, but flawed in execution. Here's my problem with it.

See that white end? That's the gloss part. I kinda need that as the stain seems to dry my lips out a bit. Trouble is, it's very easy to knock that gloss part off. The whole gloss supply sticks out the end with no way of retracting it. I wasn't impressed with its staying power either,

Now the Kissable version is a whole different animal. This one I like.

I like how this is more of a tinted lip gloss. No stupid double ended thing, it's easy to apply, and the color stays put for me for a while. I use this one a lot. smile
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 29 May 2013 06:44 AM   [ # 2 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-06
I have the first one too. It stays pretty good but all of the colors are just so dark. Even the lightest one is dark. And, yes, the balm could have been done better.
The Kissable Balm looks good so I may have to give it a go! I was worried that it wouldn't stay since it is creamier. Thanks for weighing in!
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard
Subscribe to my gaming blog, Limited AddictionOr my personal one: EnchantedDaisy

Posted: 29 May 2013 04:25 PM   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2467
Joined  2010-08-04
I think that I use the covergirl one. I am not a big fan of lipstick because it comes off almost immediately for me, but I do like the stain. It is the only one that I have tried and I feel like it is a little dark. If I put a little balm on and then wait a few minutes so that isn't gooey then put on the stain I find that it looks better, doesn't dry out my lips and the color doesn't seem so dark.
 Signature 

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=allets

Posted: 30 May 2013 08:49 AM   [ # 4 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-06
I just found a new one by Stila called the Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick. It says it stays for 6 hours which is not all day IMO, but looks promising. Anyone tried it yet? I love the colors Carina, Dolce, and Fiore
[ Edited: 30 May 2013 08:53 AM by EnchantedDaisy ]
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 30 May 2013 03:11 PM   [ # 5 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-05
I have had terrible luck with those so called all day lipthings. No matter what brand I use, it comes off if I eat, drink, talk, breathe or do anything else. :/ If someone can prove to me that stuff actually works, they've got a customer for life! raspberry
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 03 June 2013 10:33 AM   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2823
Joined  2009-09-04
I wouldn't mind trying the lip stain but I also have no idea about what's good or bad. I'm curious to see what people have to say in this thread.
 Signature 

Posted: 12 July 2013 12:25 PM   [ # 7 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-06
I've had the Flower sheer up lip tint (Dewy Rose) in my stash for months and used it a few times and I love it. It's not marketed as a lip stain but it sure does wear very similarly to one (at least for me!). I've moved it to my lip stain pile.
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 20 November 2013 09:45 PM   [ # 8 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-05
I just picked up one of Revlon's new Colorburst Laquer balms. It doesn't last quite as long as a lip stain, but it's nice and moisturizing. I love the shiny tube too. It's going to be easy to find first thing in the morning when I'm still half asleep.
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 21 November 2013 05:14 PM   [ # 9 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-06
arkangel318 - 20 November 2013 09:45 PM
I just picked up one of Revlon's new Colorburst Laquer balms. It doesn't last quite as long as a lip stain, but it's nice and moisturizing. I love the shiny tube too. It's going to be easy to find first thing in the morning when I'm still half asleep.

ooOOO pretty. I hadn't seen that one yet.
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 22 November 2013 10:26 AM   [ # 10 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1124
Joined  2009-10-08
Sooo....is lipstain essentially like coloring your lips with a marker? I am ignorant of these things #makeup101
 Signature 

One-Up ***** XBL gamertag:  x1up Girl ******

Posted: 22 November 2013 09:25 PM   [ # 11 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-05
It can be, or it can be lipgloss with fairly strong pigment in it. If you look a couple posts back, you can see my pics of lipstains I own. smile I prefer the tinted lipgloss type myself.
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 24 November 2013 07:22 PM   [ # 12 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-06
EnchantedDaisy - 30 May 2013 08:49 AM
I just found a new one by Stila called the Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick. It says it stays for 6 hours which is not all day IMO, but looks promising. Anyone tried it yet? I love the colors Carina, Dolce, and Fiore

I got this in Sephora's Give Me More Lip set. I was getting ready this morning and put it on thinking it was just a gloss- I hadn't really read the label, I just looked at the color and put it on. After breakfast I went to touch up and noticed it was still on! I read the tube and saw it was not gloss but the Stay-All-Day Liquid Lipcolor in Dolce! Happy surprise that it happened to be one I wanted to try smile

So thought I'd update to say, this stuff works! It wore all through a breakfast of grits and a biscuit, grape juice, brushing my teeth, then a 1 1/2 mile walk in 25 degree windy weather down to the lake and back, all through a lunch of pork chops, rice, stuffed celery, cranberry relish, pumpkin pie and sipping on ice tea and a hot chocolate.
They did look a bit dry so I topped it with a small dab of gloss, but they never really felt dry. The color was great too.

I'll definitely repurchase!
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 24 November 2013 09:24 PM   [ # 13 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-05
You've got my attention now! :D One question - does this look shiny once it's on, or is more matte?

I'd go for Beso, Fiore, or Fiery.
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 29 November 2013 07:13 PM   [ # 14 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-06
arkangel318 - 24 November 2013 09:24 PM
You've got my attention now! :D One question - does this look shiny once it's on, or is more matte?

I'd go for Beso, Fiore, or Fiery.

It was a matte finish...and like I said, it does look a bit dry. I have been out in the winter weather so maybe that made it look dryer but it didn't look too bad. Just a touch of gloss after it set.

I wore this Thanksgiving as well and only touched it up once all day.
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 01 December 2013 01:04 PM   [ # 15 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-05
Matte is good. I'm not big into glossy. I don't find it to be age-appropriate on me. I know my results may vary since I'm looking at different colors, but I'm gonna give it a go! :D
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 01 December 2013 01:50 PM   [ # 16 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-06
arkangel318 - 01 December 2013 01:04 PM
Matte is good. I'm not big into glossy. I don't find it to be age-appropriate on me. I know my results may vary since I'm looking at different colors, but I'm gonna give it a go! :D

Fiery looks pretty...at least on the internet. I haven't been to a Sephora since these came out so I haven't seen them in person except the one that came in the Give Me more Lip pack. I forgot to look when I was at Ulta the other day. They probably have them too.
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 26 March 2014 09:16 AM   [ # 17 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-06
I just bought Hard Candy ALL GLOSSED UP

From the site:
Shade Name: cupcake

Get glossy with new All Glossed Up lip crayon! An amazing, super shiny, cushiony lip gloss, infused with the super staying power of stain. Pigments and stains are bathed in a silky-smooth, non-drying silicone base leaves lips feeling soft and supple all day. A retractable pencil with special mold design lines lips and accentuates your pout. Add a hint of tint all day with All Glossed Up.

I've never bought this brand before so I didn't know what to expect. I think it was $5.

It is called a lip crayon and smells like one too. I did not care for that, but the color stays on a decent amount of time (a few hrs) and it's not sticky or drying. I would not call it a lip stain though.
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard