Winter Olympics 2014 Sochi
Posted: 11 February 2014 08:02 PM
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2012-09-03
I have a confession to make. For many years, I made fun of curling. Without even really knowing many of the details about it. But it made such an easy target.

In these Olympics, I'm watching curling. And enjoying it. And learning the rules. Who knew it would be so interesting?!?!?

Anyone else enjoying the games? I'm glad things seem to be moving along okay, after all the posts about bad conditions and things not being finished.
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 12 February 2014 06:52 AM   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2467
Joined  2010-08-04
I have always enjoyed watching curling. I haven't gotten to see it at all this year because I don't have cable TV. I wish that they would make coverage more available for everyone rather than blocking foreign television's coverage.
 Signature 

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=allets

Posted: 12 February 2014 09:16 AM   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2823
Joined  2009-09-04
I find curling fascinating but I don't think I'd go out of my way to watch it. :D

Last night I was watching the women's freestyle skiing and it was not doing much for me. It kind of reminded me of watching women's gymnastics back in the 70's compared to what they do today. I'm sure that what they were doing was physically difficult but it just wasn't that interesting to watch. I really enjoy the ice/figure skating but haven't managed to catch any of that yet. Not that I've made a huge effort to watch the winter Olympics to be honest. I've been busy enough this week they've kind of fallen off my radar.
 Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2014 08:56 AM   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2823
Joined  2009-09-04
And I was watching the Great Britain/US curling match for a while this morning - it was on while I was getting ready - and I'm still really clueless about it.
 Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2014 09:07 AM   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1506
Joined  2010-05-26
I watched curling this year because I have never seen it played before. It really was fascinating!
 Signature 

Jess
I’m jessageek on Twitter.
PAX East Pics: 2010-2014 & Vids: 2012-2014

Posted: 18 February 2014 10:41 PM   [ # 5 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2012-09-03
I guess its the strategy that makes it really interesting. And the fact that the teams talk openly about their strategy and what they are thinking so you can learn and see how they work through what is best.

I'm sad the US hasn't done very well though. Still be a lot of fun though! Have you all seen the Norway men's teams pants?! So many different patterns they brought! smile
 Signature 

Raptr Gamercard

Posted: 19 February 2014 05:16 AM   [ # 6 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2923
Joined  2009-10-08
I have to admit I've gotten quite engrossed with the winter sports. I even started shouting at the TV during the ice hockey match between USA and Russia. Never watch I've hockey in my life.
Loved the curling too, that looks like so much fun, bit like bowls but on ice.
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

PopchiX Chix of the month March 2011

Posted: 19 February 2014 05:16 AM   [ # 7 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2923
Joined  2009-10-08
I have to admit I've gotten quite engrossed with the winter sports. I even started shouting at the TV during the ice hockey match between USA and Russia. Never watch I've hockey in my life.
Loved the curling too, that looks like so much fun, bit like bowls but on ice.
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

PopchiX Chix of the month March 2011