No more Gluten!
Posted: 09 August 2015 10:16 AM
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2009-12-14
So my DR put me on a Gluten free lifestyle because he believes its the cause of most of my health issues (IBS, Eczema).

Anyone else on a Gluten free diet?

Signature 

Xbox Gamercards

Posted: 08 September 2015 07:06 AM   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2467
Joined  2010-08-04
I have a friend who is gluten free. I was on an extra low carb diet for a while which was similar.

Have you been having trouble with it? I found that I struggled on my diet for a week or two but after that it wasn't so bad until the holidays came. Then I gave up :X
 Signature 

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=allets

Posted: 11 September 2015 08:48 PM   [ # 2 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  724
Joined  2011-06-01
I'm on a gluten free diet now. I've been on it since around the end of July. It can be expensive but I find most things aren't so bad if you take the time to make them at home. Plus, a ton more stuff has been popping up in stores now that's gluten free that doesn't taste terrible. I'm still able to eat bread, cakes, cookies, and all the other terrible but delicious stuff lol. I have been working on incorporating a lot more veggies into my diet though.

I will say the most frustrating thing about this diet at first was how little time it took me to be hungry again after eating. I didn't realize how long wheat and gluten last in your body. I found myself having to eat every few hours instead of going 5-8 between meals. It was annoying at first, but I got used to it. Supposedly eating smaller meals more often is better for you anyway. Added bonus, I've lost several pounds since starting with little exercise involved.
 Signature 

Hoodies are awesome! Also purple everything…

Posted: 12 September 2015 08:36 AM   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-04
I know boosting the amount of protein you eat will help with the hungry too but I think that your stomach changes after cutting out a lot of that stuff too. I know that I get really bloated when eating a lot of bread and pasta so I don't want to eat as often. When I was doing better I had a few recipes that I repeated often like tacos in romaine lettuce instead of taco shells, eggplant lasagna, stuffed spaghetti squash. I also know that both Hardee's and Jimmy John's so sandwiches wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun. I would love to have more good low carb foods to make that are easy. I have a couple of pizza crust recipes but they take a little while to make. I also like the curry recipe that Jessi put on here and I use cauliflower with greek yogurt and garam masala mixed in instead of regular rice.
 Signature 

Posted: 24 September 2015 09:24 PM   [ # 4 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-06-01
Tried the cauliflower rice thing in a chicken, brocolli, cheese casserole, it was delicious. Could barely tell the difference. Thanks for the idea smile will probably use that as rice from now on.
 Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2015 08:31 AM   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-04
That sounds delicious. You should share your recipe!
 Signature 

Posted: 06 November 2015 02:01 PM   [ # 6 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-06-01
I'll see if I can take pictures next time I make it and write down the recipe. smile
 Signature 

Posted: 09 February 2016 04:23 PM   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-04
I was put on a gluten free diet by my doctor a few weeks ago. For the most part it isn't too bad, but I have not been good about planning ahead making sure that I have food around that is quick for when I am starving. Last night I had my husband get me a $5 pizza. I have been so sick today. :( How did this not make me sick before but now that I have cut it out it really sucks.

Do you ladies have an suggestions for things that are fast and easy?
 Signature