Baby Names!!!!
Posted: 01 December 2009 06:11 AM
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2923
Joined  2009-10-08
Boys and girls names

what have you named you children, or future children..

im pregnant and have decided on a boy and a girl name for my little monster when its born, but incase i look at it and decided the name isnt right im gonna be stuck for a name. so any ideas

A - Aidan we want him to have name begining with A as his dad is Antony and his initals are ARW and Antonys dad is Adrian and his initals are ARW. want to keep the ARW in the family as a tradition.

K- Katie we chose the name Katie as it began with the same inital as mine. Kirsty. im Kirsty Louise and the baby is going to be K(?) - louise.

i know this limits the options a few but thats what we have decided we'd like to do. so any A and K baby names as a runner up???
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

PopchiX Chix of the month March 2011

Posted: 02 December 2009 01:27 PM   [ # 1 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2009-09-04
Oh I love baby names! :D

If you`re looking for really popular names, you`ve hit the nail on the head. Aidan (and it`s various spellings) is probably the most popular name out there. This is good and bad, IMO. It`s also part of a larger group of popular names that end in the ``aden`` sound, such as Braden, Kaeden, Jayden, etc. which makes it sound more popular than it is. My eldest son is 10 which was right at the beginning of the trend, and as much as I love his name - Haden - I wouldn`t do it again because of how popular these names are. It`s confusing, it`s always mis-heard and people always spell it wrong. But popular names are popular for a reason, and if you`re looking for a fashionable name, Aidan is definitely it smile Just keep in mind that he may go through elementary school as ``Aidan W`` and you`ll be forever spelling it.

I highly recommend picking up The Baby Name Wizard, it`s a fantastic book. She also has a name suggestion tool at nymbler.com which is quite fun. The author has a way of suggesting names of a similar feel that aren`t necessarily what you`d think of as similar names.

After four kids, I`ve been through the `name game`a few times now... it`s very fun and exciting, although it can be a bit stressful too. And it`s one of those things where EVERYONE has an opinion! Personally, I didn`t tell too many people the names I liked while I was pregnant, I got a bit tired of hearing everyone`s (often unsolicited) input.
 Signature 

360Prophecy - A Comic About Life on Live
Follow me on Twitter!
Handcrafted Hair Clips and Other Children’s Accessories

Posted: 02 December 2009 01:30 PM   [ # 2 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2009-09-04
Oh and to answer your original question, my children`s names are:

Haden (10.5 years)
Julian (7.5 years)
Oliver (2.5 years)
Penelope (9 mos)

Each of them has a second name that is from a relative. The older two have my last name as a third name and their dad`s last name. The younger two have a hyphenated last name (mine and dad`s). I try to avoid nicknames, but my Juilan is sometimes called Jude.
 Signature 

360Prophecy - A Comic About Life on Live
Follow me on Twitter!
Handcrafted Hair Clips and Other Children’s Accessories

Posted: 02 December 2009 04:14 PM   [ # 3 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-08
im not too fussed on whether the name is popular or not, its trying to convince my other half into it. i originally wanted the name Andrew but he hated it and suggested Aiden, i didnt dislike the name but im not sure whether it will feel right when i see my baby ( if its a boy)
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

Posted: 07 December 2009 04:41 AM   [ # 4 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2009-10-13
I had a problem convincing my husband on names also. Finally when I was 7 1/2 months we agreed, just because he called the baby "John Junior" and then we agreed that I would pick our first and he would pick our second.
My husband has been called J.R. since he was younger and we wanted something close to it. A lot of people in my family call me T.J. or Jo-Jo(the kiddos mostly) So I wanted to keep a J in the name. At the hospital, we decided to call him J.J. instead of Junior..
John Richard Krapf Jr. smile

Posted: 12 January 2010 03:40 AM   [ # 5 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-10-19
I named my little girl Kamora. I was on line looking for the meaning a a name and ran across it. I have never ment anyone with the name before so i thought it was a little different.
I gave her the middle name of Christine after my father. His name is chris and he had an obsession with trying to name us after the name chris which didnt happen.

Posted: 12 January 2010 04:26 AM   [ # 6 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2009-09-20
My boy is called Liam, after his Grandfather and Great Grandfather who both have William as middle names, and his 2nd name is George after his Grandfather.

So far we have Jack Maurice for a boy (After his other Great Grandfather) and Sophie Christine or Pandora Christine for a girl.

Can't say I am keen on Pandora, but the other half seems overly excited by it.
 Signature 

I swear I’ll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.

Posted: 12 January 2010 05:48 AM   [ # 7 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-08
i love the name sophie. and i agree the name pandora is lovely in its self but, what might happen when little pandora is 7 and comes home and says everyone calls me pandoras box!!!!

i was looking at a book of baby names in mother care, and as soon as i opened the book it fell on the name aidan- thats more than a coinscident - so i think i might end up going with my our first choices.

the name aidan means "little fire" so im thinking thats probably about right for my little monster. smile
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

Posted: 12 January 2010 06:30 AM   [ # 8 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2009-09-20
My thoughts were not with the Box thing, but more the name shortening of Dora!
 Signature 

I swear I’ll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.

Posted: 12 January 2010 10:16 AM   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2009-12-14
I have only one child and her name is: Emma Marie (she's 19 months old)
 Signature 

Xbox Gamercards

Posted: 12 January 2010 11:29 AM   [ # 10 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-08
Knikitta - 12 January 2010 11:30 AM

ya know now youve mentioned that i actually quite like it. dora smile sounds cute. dora the explorer smile
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

Posted: 12 January 2010 11:55 AM   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2009-12-14
xSHADOWx - 12 January 2010 04:29 PM
Knikitta - 12 January 2010 11:30 AM

ya know now youve mentioned that i actually quite like it. dora smile sounds cute. dora the explorer smile

I have a friend name Doraliz so she goes by Dora or Liz.
 Signature 

Xbox Gamercards

Posted: 23 March 2010 12:37 PM   [ # 12 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2009-09-08
Me and my other half are trying for a baby just now (well as soon as the implant comes out on 19th April)!!

Ever since I was young I always said I would name a girl Grace, but I have absolutely no idea for a boy..
 Signature 

Posted: 23 March 2010 01:05 PM   [ # 13 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-08
awww good luck with the trying!!! thats the fun part smile
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

Posted: 23 March 2010 06:07 PM   [ # 14 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1531
Joined  2010-03-10
I always fancied the name Elika...from the prince of persia game...

come here lil ellie...
 Signature 

Gamertags
XBL, PSN, STEAM: maribel21

Posted: 24 March 2010 04:06 PM   [ # 15 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-08
awww thats a really cute name.

i forgot to mention that because we are having a girl we've decided to name her

Katie-Louise Rose Winfield

the rose is after antonys grandma. i think hython name are in this season, everyone ive spoken to are hythoning there childrens names.
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

Posted: 03 May 2010 04:10 PM   [ # 16 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2010-03-25
My FUTURE kid's names are:

Zoe Jane (my favorite song by Staind)
Sylas Montyle (hubby picked first name and middle is my dad's name)
 Signature