1 2 3 > 
1 of 3
can you game with your hubby/civil partner
Posted: 08 February 2010 04:45 PM
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2923
Joined  2009-10-08
just wondering how many of you can actually game with your partner?

on games like singstar its a yes, but on shooters its a no, we both have 2 completely different aproaches to shooters, and you got it it clashes.

we are both very competative. we try to beat each others scores in singstar.

hes a playstation3 gamer and im a xbox 360 gamer, we got a clash there. lol.
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

PopchiX Chix of the month March 2011

Posted: 08 February 2010 04:56 PM   [ # 1 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1674
Joined  2009-11-23
My fiance and I game together fairly often. We are different with shooters but it actually compliments if we end up on the same team. I don't really like playing against him, mostly cause I'm so competitive and I don't want to be a jerk. For the most part though it works out.

I do get really frustrated when we play Borderlands together though.... I am a lot better at it then him (or at least at playing co-op) so I get angry when he ends up getting me killed over and over lol
 Signature 

http://www.twitch.tv/zombiescribe

Posted: 08 February 2010 05:03 PM   [ # 2 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-08
i get angry just watching my hubby play shooters, i can see things he cant and i have a more tactical view than he does. he gets killed and i get mad at him for dying. even if im not playing at the time.

he beats me hands down at racers, he really good.
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

Posted: 08 February 2010 05:32 PM   [ # 3 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1124
Joined  2009-10-08
Used to game with him - but he's really not into it (although he's really good). He's more into pc gaming than console gaming. SO I just play xbox with my 3 kids LOL
 Signature 

One-Up ***** XBL gamertag:  x1up Girl ******

Posted: 08 February 2010 07:09 PM   [ # 4 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2009-12-19
we actually went out and bought another LCD panel and xbox for the specific reason on gaming together! lol we love playing MW2 MP together...and hey it stops the stinkeye when we want to play different games! hahahah
 Signature 

XBL: bodgie sparkle
PSN: bodgatronica

http://raptr.com/bodgie

Posted: 10 February 2010 02:13 AM   [ # 5 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2009-12-21
We're both 360 gamers, and we have two televisions in our living room, so we can game together...Sometimes, we play Halo3 1 VS. 1, or we'll play with a bunch of pals online...or we'll do the campaign co-op. We really have a lot of fun gaming together, and it works out great. it's how we bond, i think. lol.
 Signature 

GT: LadyPhoenix74
PopChixAddict#007

“It’s mercy, forgiveness, and compassion, I lack; not rationality.”

Posted: 10 February 2010 08:47 PM   [ # 6 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1279
Joined  2010-02-04
Yes! We love gaming together, handing off the controller during a one player, or just watching and offering advice. In fact, right now I am typing away as they play Starfox.

Posted: 10 February 2010 09:32 PM   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2009-12-14
My husband & I tried sharing one xbox and that didn't last long at all. We are fine playing multi-player games, same team or not. When it comes to co-op we tend to get on each others nerves a bit due to our different playing styles. I prefer to tun in and shoot things whereas, he takes a more tactical approach.
 Signature 

Xbox Gamercards

Posted: 11 February 2010 12:07 AM   [ # 8 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2009-11-29
yes i can. i love it.
 Signature 

myspace | tumblr | twitter

Posted: 11 February 2010 01:36 AM   [ # 9 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2010-01-06
My husband and I game together pretty much everyday. We enjoy playing co-op and vs. It can get pretty competitive but it's all in good fun. We play private matches in MW2 to test weapons, discuss strategy or just play against each other and we play online multiplayer. Last Saturday we were discussing Sunday breakfast but neither wanted to cook so we played a vs Scrap Yard Domination. Loser had to cook breakfast...LOL. I know, I know--but it was a very close game! I cooked a nice breakfast. Hahaha! I love playing with my hubby!! <3
 Signature 

Posted: 11 February 2010 08:16 AM   [ # 10 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-08
Estemii - 11 February 2010 06:36 AM
My husband and I game together pretty much everyday. We enjoy playing co-op and vs. It can get pretty competitive but it's all in good fun. We play private matches in MW2 to test weapons, discuss strategy or just play against each other and we play online multiplayer. Last Saturday we were discussing Sunday breakfast but neither wanted to cook so we played a vs Scrap Yard Domination. Loser had to cook breakfast...LOL. I know, I know--but it was a very close game! I cooked a nice breakfast. Hahaha! I love playing with my hubby!! <3

ooo i like that. i might have to take that into consideration. whos washing pots after dinner, singstar battle, highest score puts there feet up.

great idea smile
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

Posted: 11 February 2010 04:26 PM   [ # 11 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  625
Joined  2009-09-07
My wife and I definitely can and do game together. We've been doing so for seven years, this Feb 13th! ^_^

We can play any game together - MMO, FPS, etc., etc.

Plus board games, card games, puzzle games and what have you.

We can't really imagine playing without the other person, it's so much fun together. Plus we're both pretty competitive, so if we're playing against each other, it's a lot of fun. And we make a great team, so if we're playing together, it's also a lot of fun.
 Signature 

Prepare to be CREAM PUFFED!
http://lariatsandlavender.blogspot.com

Posted: 11 February 2010 04:51 PM   [ # 12 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-09-17
Yes and No. My husband likes to play shooters like Gears of War with me but the issue is that he doesn't game enough to move through the game quick enough to suit me. Why are you still looking at the ground? There are things to kill. He wastes lots of ammo, which I find highly frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I'm not even that great at shooters myself but he stands still out in the open. Why? I have no idea. We do have a lot of fun playing stuff like Rockband though. He seriously needs some practice. smile

Posted: 11 February 2010 06:34 PM   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2009-12-14
Jasmine13 - 11 February 2010 09:26 PM
My wife and I definitely can and do game together. We've been doing so for seven years, this Feb 13th! ^_^

Nice! It will be 11 years for me on the 13th, as well.
 Signature 

Xbox Gamercards

Posted: 13 February 2010 02:30 PM   [ # 14 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  167
Joined  2009-09-04
My husband hates playing with me... he goes out of his way to find other people to help or play with before he'll shoot with me :( Makes me so sad and mad.... if I totally sucked I could understand, but I'm good enough to hold my own in any game that we could play together, but he still chooses not to play with me. Unless I practically beg. I think I'm married to a jerk sometimes, lol.
 Signature 

Give a man a fire and keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett

Posted: 14 February 2010 12:53 AM   [ # 15 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1674
Joined  2009-11-23
*hits head against desk* I completely forgot how much I HATE watching him play bioshock till he started 2.... I've never seen someone play so long and progress so little and his excuse he is trying to find everything. Really you check a room EIGHT TIMES and you're not sure you found everything? Lol I get he doesn't want to miss anything but he takes it to an extreme with these two games
 Signature 

http://www.twitch.tv/zombiescribe

Posted: 14 February 2010 05:45 AM   [ # 16 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2009-09-04
My bf and I do pretty well at gaming together. When I'm home and have free time or not in clan practice, he's my gaming partner.

I've gotten sooo much better at FPS shooters because of him. I admit, he's better than me at FPS, but that's cause he's played them way more. But it helps because I' have to get better to keep up with him. I get so excited when I outscore him or have more kills or a better KDR smile And it doesn't bother him, it makes him happy to see that - I think it makes him feel good as a teacher lol

If there's a co-op campaign for something, he's my partner as well. Often he goes through a co-op game with a friend of his or a roommate....and so he'll go back though it again with me smile

But we have had our moments. I can't always handle him teaching me stuff on Halo 3. Well, any game, but mainly Halo 3. I do get frustrated sometimes if he tries to give me advice if I haven't asked for it. Not always, but sometimes. I've ended up having to stop a game out of frustrating with him a few times. Luckily, he's really sweet and patient so he just waits til I'm ready to play again...which happens every time lol
 Signature 

GamerchiX
XBL Ambassador

Posted: 16 February 2010 02:09 AM   [ # 17 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2010-02-15
I most definitely CANNOT game with my hubby LoL!! It starts off as fun & games, then it turns into a competition. Then all hell breaks loose from there and its on haha. Especially for me, I always complement how he does in a game, however, I kind of get upset when he doesnt complement when I have a good game. Its always about "his" stats. But we still game together, otherwise I'd just take his copy & hide it...shhh
 Signature 

??? ?’ ?’\????\?=(•??)=?/????/’?’? ?
?BooM.BooM.PoW?
CHECK OUT MY CHANNEL

Posted: 16 February 2010 05:28 PM   [ # 18 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  352
Joined  2009-10-26
LOL at some of the posts hehe competition is a healthy thing - most of the time LOL

I can play RPG type things with my man i.e. Baldurs Gate / Heroes of Might & Magic / Gauntlet (old xbox games rule, hmm may play them now) cos I will usually be, like, the dwarf warrior and run up to kill things and he will be maybe the elven mage who stays back and revives me when I die lol.

But we played MW2 me, him and my bro and every time we killed each other we sulked haha don't think we should play against each other, just co-op.

We do things like Wii fit, wii music, mario kart etc together too, they are more fun together.
 Signature 

Posted: 24 February 2010 05:05 PM   [ # 19 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2009-12-03
Not on the xbox we can't. I admit we have only tried to play Modern Warfare 2 & Fable 2 with one another but we lasted about 4-5 minutes before we started yelling at one another. PC and the Wii though we have a lot of fun playing with one another on.
 Signature 

Making the switch from PC gaming to Console gaming smile

Posted: 25 February 2010 07:41 AM   [ # 20 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-08
CanadianCowbell - 24 February 2010 10:05 PM
Not on the xbox we can't. I admit we have only tried to play Modern Warfare 2 & Fable 2 with one another but we lasted about 4-5 minutes before we started yelling at one another. PC and the Wii though we have a lot of fun playing with one another on.

your the same as me and my hubby, we can play the Wii together just nothing else, even monopoly gets competative between us.
 Signature 

*~* GamerchiX *~*

1 2 3 > 
1 of 3
‹‹ boy or girl?      Darn you parental guilt!! ››