Pantene
Posted: 19 February 2010 10:57 AM
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1279
Joined  2010-02-04
Everytime I got to get my hair done, the stylist comments that my hair is so lovely. Then as we're in the middle of the process asks me what shampoo I use- I tell her I switch it up, but Pantene is my fave. Then they almost always go on about how bad it is for my hair! I just don't get it, obviously I'm doing something right if it looks healthy.. but why no pantene? I know it's got silicones in it and all.. but sometimes I think it's just a salon gimmick to buy the expensive stuff..

Posted: 19 February 2010 02:28 PM   [ # 1 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2009-12-21
I took cosmotology in high school, and my instructor said the same thing about Pantene. The way she described it, is it only coats your hair, making it LOOK healthy, but it's still there underneath...I really like Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioners. They smell soo good, plus they're amazing.

If you're going to buy the expensive stuff, Nexxus is probably the best I've ever used on my hair. That, or the John Frieda collection. =]
 Signature 

GT: LadyPhoenix74
PopChixAddict#007

“It’s mercy, forgiveness, and compassion, I lack; not rationality.”

Posted: 19 February 2010 02:56 PM   [ # 2 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1279
Joined  2010-02-04
Well, Herbal essences is actually what I use to switch off pantene with! I've never actually gone with the higher end stuff, but I will keep that in mind!

Posted: 19 February 2010 03:05 PM   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2009-12-14
I used Pantene when I was younger and would lose a lot of hair. I now use Herbal Essence.
 Signature 

Xbox Gamercards

Posted: 19 February 2010 04:41 PM   [ # 4 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2009-10-21
Oh so no wonder my hair gets greasy easily. What is a good shampoo to use for oily hair ?

Posted: 20 February 2010 06:11 AM   [ # 5 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2009-12-21
Oily hair is probably the most trickiest hair to take care of, because you don't want all that oil in it, but you also don't want it to dry out either. I have oily hair as well, and what I do is, use a Daily Clarifying shampoo about once a week. I use a smoothing shampoo and conditioner, because not only is my hair oily, it gets frizzy as well. =]
 Signature 

GT: LadyPhoenix74
PopChixAddict#007

“It’s mercy, forgiveness, and compassion, I lack; not rationality.”

Posted: 09 August 2010 02:48 AM   [ # 6 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  340
Joined  2010-07-28
Eith - 19 February 2010 03:57 PM
Everytime I got to get my hair done, the stylist comments that my hair is so lovely.

lol! My hairdresser comments on mine all the time as well and I use pantene.

I do however get very greasy hair, and I don't believe that I'm using the right product for my hair type, but it's hard to get out of a habit especially when it feels so soft and nice.. I wash my hair daily otherwise it starts getting greasy looking in the afternoon.

Not quite sure what else to do.
 Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2010 02:11 PM   [ # 7 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  294
Joined  2009-09-04
I always use Pantene. That's pretty hilarious that so many people here use it. I really like how soft it feels afterwards. I guess I could try Nexxis to switch it up but it's tough when you are so used to a product.
 Signature 

Twittering | 360 Blogging

Posted: 10 August 2010 01:22 AM   [ # 8 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2010-07-28
I've heard bad things about Pantene too but it's hard to believe it when it works so well. I started using Dove recently because it smells so fresh and it seems to do about the same as Pantene. I do like Herbal Essences because it smells so good!
 Signature 

Colors of the Heart: A blog of poetry, quotes, reflections.

Posted: 10 August 2010 10:45 PM   [ # 9 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2009-09-09
I have icky half curly/frizzy doesn't know what it wants to do hair. I've tried pretty much everything. Pantene rocks!!

I like the new hair type formulas they have now. The medium/think one is awesome!

Posted: 11 August 2010 01:15 AM   [ # 10 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2010-05-03
Wow, I didn't know that about Pantene. I use the conditioner, and I use Suave shampoo. I may try switching to something new for conditioner, though, because recently I've started to lose more hair right after I have a shower. I had no idea that Pantene was supposed to be bad!

Posted: 11 August 2010 11:50 AM   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1506
Joined  2010-05-26
I use Herbal Essences, too. It's been great on my very wavy, borderline curly hair. When I went to the salon more regulaly and got my hair colored frequently, I first used Pureology. It was good, but then a friend suggested Abba and tha ended up being fabulous for my hair. Even the 'Basic' did great things with it. Pricey up front but a teeny bit went a long way (even with my thick hair) so a bottle lasted for months!

I've never used Pantene, and hadn't heard it was bad for hair, either.
 Signature 

Jess
I’m jessageek on Twitter.
PAX East Pics: 2010-2014 & Vids: 2012-2014

Posted: 11 August 2010 03:54 PM   [ # 12 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1290
Joined  2010-03-22
I have started using Nioxin treatments on my hair and scalp and I love it. My hair is actually starting to get thick again. It has a wonderful minty scent too. Its a bit pricey but my hair stylist gives me a great discount on it.
[ Edited: 08 March 2011 12:08 PM by Purplepooki ]
 Signature 

I’m crazy but you like me that way.
A Twitter I haz it: @Purplepooki
Steam Playdate Hostess, playdates every Thursday at 8:00 PM EST Look for me in the PopChiX Steam Group or message Purplepooki

Posted: 08 March 2011 10:55 AM   [ # 13 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2010-01-05
Switching up brands of shampoo is a good thing. Whatever coats your hair with Pantene, for example, will be rinsed away with the Herbal Essence. That is probably why you get so many compliments.

The only shampoo I have ever been happy with is Biolage. Everything else either drys out my scalp or my hair doesn't feel clean.
 Signature