1 2 > 
1 of 2
Who plays Xbox with their kids?
Posted: 09 October 2009 01:39 PM
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1124
Joined  2009-10-08
Anybody co-op play with their kids? What do you play?

I have 12 and 11 year old boys and we play Halo/Halo ODST together. I really enjoy the bonding when we do share game time. Just curious if any other gamerchix do the same thing.
 Signature 

One-Up ***** XBL gamertag:  x1up Girl ******

Posted: 09 October 2009 01:50 PM   [ # 1 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2009-09-20
My two year old and I play Peggle, Lips and Disney Cars together! :D

Oh... and now we have two guitars, we play GH2 together.
 Signature 

I swear I’ll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.

Posted: 09 October 2009 02:09 PM   [ # 2 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2009-09-08
We do a lot of family playing. Halo 3, ODST, Castle Crashers and Left 4 Dead are the main ones. Oh and You're in the Movies when they have friends over that don't really play. I have a 10-year-old girl and a 13-year-old boy. The girl has a fascination with monsters and zombies. They don't scare her at all. I was the same way as a kid so I get it. But is odd to think a 10-year-old girls all time favorite game is Left 4 Dead. rolleyes
 Signature 

Madame Dork on Live

Posted: 10 October 2009 04:33 PM   [ # 3 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2009-09-07
I play with my 8yr old son all the time. We'll play Rock Band & Guitar Hero, all Lego Games, and several Arcade games.

I think that it is a great bonding experience, and cherish the times that we spend together.
 Signature 

I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.

Posted: 11 October 2009 01:49 PM   [ # 4 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2009-10-10
My son and I have played together since he was old enough to hold a controller. I'm pleased to say that his skills have improved over the past 18 years. We play together sometimes - and against each other as well, as we have two 360's (because I got tired of waiting to play). Even though we don't play together a lot, I think that being a gamer mom has helped greatly with the communication factor - we never went through the "secretive years" or the "I don't want to acknowledge you" stages, simply because we share that common bond.

Posted: 12 October 2009 02:13 PM   [ # 5 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2009-09-09
I play on the 360 quite a bit with my Hannah.

LOL! Madame Dork, we should get my 9 year old daughter and your 10 year old daughter to play Left 4 Dead!! She loves that game!! She even wanted to be one of the special infected for Halloween this year.

I've been wanting to put a family game night together for quite sometime if anyone is interested. She wants to play online, and it would be nice to have other kids her age to play with.....

Posted: 12 October 2009 02:35 PM   [ # 6 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-08
xxGENEVIEVExx - 12 October 2009 06:13 PM
I play on the 360 quite a bit with my Hannah.

LOL! Madame Dork, we should get my 9 year old daughter and your 10 year old daughter to play Left 4 Dead!! She loves that game!! She even wanted to be one of the special infected for Halloween this year.

I've been wanting to put a family game night together for quite sometime if anyone is interested. She wants to play online, and it would be nice to have other kids her age to play with.....

Oh, that would be fun. She's actually my step daughter so we have the kids every other weekend. If you want to try to set a play date for the girls, send me a FR on Live. smile
 Signature 

Madame Dork on Live

Posted: 12 October 2009 02:38 PM   [ # 7 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2009-10-10
That's a great idea, Genevieve! The next gen of GamerchiX in training smile

Unfortunately I don't have any kids under the age of 18 who could participate. I think your idea has merit because game nights with the kids of chix (chixlets?) would continue the safe and friendly atmosphere fostered in these hallowed halls; Moms could introduce their kids to online gaming in a safe and easily monitored environment, as well as being a teaching opportunity.

Posted: 12 October 2009 10:54 PM   [ # 8 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2009-09-07
My 8 year old nephew and I play everytime he is over. Neither his mom nor my parents ever care to play video games so it's fun for both of us to have someone to play with. However, I only allow him to play the xbox and PS2 if I'm not able to monitor him. Lol I'm really protective of my 360. We usually play his sonic racing games and sometimes halo. He isn't coordinated enough for guitar hero yet but he has been trying.
 Signature 

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren’t so busy denying them.

Posted: 13 October 2009 02:35 AM   [ # 9 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-07
I overheard my son talking to my niece lst night when she spent the night over here. My niece was saying that she thought it was cool that I played video games, and that she wished her parents did too. You could hear the pride in his voice when he said that it was really cool having a mom that played video games.

I'm glad that we have that in common. He is 8, but they grow up fast, and parents soon become "uncool". I hope that gaming is another thread that will keep our relationship strong as he gets older and more independant.
 Signature 

I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.

Posted: 14 October 2009 08:07 PM   [ # 10 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2009-09-11
I play with my kids. Mostly my 7yo son. We play Halo 3, ODST, GoW and all the Lego games. My daughters 9 and 10 like to play Rock Band 2, Lego and ODST. They usually just stick to their DS's though.
 Signature 

xbox
Facebook
raptr
playfire
Twitter

Posted: 14 October 2009 11:26 PM   [ # 11 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-08
Bella Donna - 13 October 2009 06:35 AM
I overheard my son talking to my niece lst night when she spent the night over here. My niece was saying that she thought it was cool that I played video games, and that she wished her parents did too. You could hear the pride in his voice when he said that it was really cool having a mom that played video games.

I'm glad that we have that in common. He is 8, but they grow up fast, and parents soon become "uncool". I hope that gaming is another thread that will keep our relationship strong as he gets older and more independant.

I can say yes, yes it does keep you cool. wink Ryan is now 13 and his dad and I are the best in his eyes. We have a close relationship. His mom and almost-step-dad, not as much. He doesn't have anything in common with them and all they do is criticize him, which is sad because he is an awesome, smart, kind and funny little dude. Having something such as video games in common is a great bonding tool that will last through their childhood. It's kind of like the dads that skateboard with their kids and stuff.
 Signature 

Madame Dork on Live

Posted: 15 October 2009 03:24 PM   [ # 12 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2009-09-04
I love to game with my kids, although I have to say I'm a bit surprised at how many people let their young kids play games like LFD and ODST. My 7 and 10 year old still play kids games, movie tie-in games, and of course the LEGO games. I'm not judging, I'm just surprised... I think it will be a few years yet before I let them play a game like Halo. We play DS and board games too, and this week-end we're having our first family D&D (pnp) adventure. So exciting! smile
 Signature 

360Prophecy - A Comic About Life on Live
Follow me on Twitter!
Handcrafted Hair Clips and Other Children’s Accessories

Posted: 15 October 2009 04:45 PM   [ # 13 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-08
HotelQueen - 15 October 2009 07:24 PM
I love to game with my kids, although I have to say I'm a bit surprised at how many people let their young kids play games like LFD and ODST. My 7 and 10 year old still play kids games, movie tie-in games, and of course the LEGO games. I'm not judging, I'm just surprised... I think it will be a few years yet before I let them play a game like Halo. We play DS and board games too, and this week-end we're having our first family D&D (pnp) adventure. So exciting! smile

I think the age depends on the child. Our kids have been fascinated with horror their whole life and it is hard to find appropriate stuff. We know it doesn't scare them and they are good kids. But we always play the games first and there are games they cannot play. Now, if my niece and nephew were my kids, they wouldn't play the scary games because they get freaked out easily. The weird thing with the Halo games, I know parents who won't let their kids play any M games and only some T games but Halo is always ok. I don't know why either. It isn't different, except the blood is purple.
 Signature 

Madame Dork on Live

Posted: 15 October 2009 05:49 PM   [ # 14 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2009-09-04
I can't for the life of me figure out why Halo is M and Ghost Recon is T, that makes no sense to me. I think I'd be ok with a teenager playing Halo; there are guns but like Madame Dork said the blood is purple. I think there's a big difference between blasting aliens with pink glowing spikes and sniping a human with a head shot, KWIM? The ratings don't always make sense IMO.

Thankfully we have enough great games for the 360 that my kids have lots of choice without having to move up to T and M games yet. Although I did let my 7 year old play some Halo Wars. He really liked it, surprisingly... I thought it was kinda boring raspberry
 Signature 

360Prophecy - A Comic About Life on Live
Follow me on Twitter!
Handcrafted Hair Clips and Other Children’s Accessories

Posted: 15 October 2009 05:56 PM   [ # 15 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1124
Joined  2009-10-08
WOW - I didn't realize so many gaming moms were out there!!!

A friend of mine in CA (I'm east coast) has a 11 yr old son who LOVES Halo and Halo 2 -- he's always trying to get 'mom' to play with him but she doesn't like it. She keeps saying she's going to ship him over to my house because we game so much. LOL I picked her up a copy of "Dreamfall: The Longest Journey" to send to her to see if I can 'convert' her to our side LOL. wink
 Signature 

One-Up ***** XBL gamertag:  x1up Girl ******

Posted: 15 October 2009 06:00 PM   [ # 16 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-08
I don't know if BluStorm3D will post in here (she has signed up though), but she's the daughter of a mom who didn't game. Mind you Blu is grown woman. I remember he mom telling her she shouldn't play that much and she's wasting money on games. She managed to convert her and I see her mom on Live all the time now. She plays a lot of the shooting games too. I find it funny. So it is possible to convert people no matter their age. wink
 Signature 

Madame Dork on Live

Posted: 15 October 2009 06:18 PM   [ # 17 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-07
I agree MD--my mother thought games were a waste of time, however Tetris changed her mind...a little bit. More recently it was the Beatles Rock Band. She was a Beatles fanatic, so she was super excited about singing in the Beatles game.

I would die if I saw my mom playing shooters! That would be the day!
 Signature 

Posted: 05 January 2010 03:52 PM   [ # 18 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2009-09-22
I have a 10 yr old son who I play Halo 3 with.. though I only allow him on maps with my friends and no one else. he's not allowed on live because of all the trash talking.
 Signature 

Captain Cerdae
KMA SQUAD General
I am the one the only Cerdae so get over it!!!

Posted: 05 January 2010 05:25 PM   [ # 19 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2009-12-22
AWWWWWWWWWWWW i wanna have babies so i can game with them downer

I think all of u guys are really awesome...it's so cool that u share the love for games with your kids!!!! grin
 Signature 

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can’t do.

Twitter=^_^=Facebook

Posted: 05 January 2010 05:59 PM   [ # 20 ]
AwesomeSauce
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1127
Joined  2009-09-12
Cerdae - 05 January 2010 08:52 PM
I have a 10 yr old son who I play Halo 3 with.. though I only allow him on maps with my friends and no one else. he's not allowed on live because of all the trash talking.

It's hard to forget he's still that young though... 'Cause he's actually pretty good... And I know sometimes my "mouth" occasionally slips up but immediately checked upon with "Kitty..." and me replying "I didn't do it." It's probably a good thing he doesn't wear a headset... =Þ
[ Edited: 05 January 2010 06:03 PM by iCeTKiTtY ]
 Signature 

Love me, hate me, whatever… I’m here to GAME!

Xbox Live Ambassador
GamerchiX Member
PopChiX Member/ChiX of the Month Jan. 2010

1 2 > 
1 of 2