I made these and my kids loved them. They couldn’t get enough! I used parchment paper to cook these which absorbed some of the bacon fat. I will fix these again, maybe even for a holiday get together.
- 1 bag of Tater Tots - use as many you like, thawed to room temperature
- 1 package Sharp Cheddar Cheese (8 oz) cut in ¼-inch squares or this
- 1 pound package Bacon strips, cut in half. To keep from using more than one pack of bacon, cut each strip into 3 parts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (Optional instead you can use Maple cured bacon)
I saw this recipe on a advertisement and can not remember what site I went to. But to make things easier, I did find a video that showed a great job stuffing the cheese in the tot (posted below in the instructions).
- Preheat over to 400 F.
- Cube the sharp cheddar cheese in to very small pieces.
- Cut bacon strips in half. or 3rds
- Cut tater tot in half to the middle
- Wrap the Tater Tot and cheese cube in one of the bacon strips that have been cut in half. Here is an easy to use video takes the guessing out of how to stuff a tot:
- (optional) Roll in brown sugar and place in pan seam side down.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, turn each bacon wrapped Tater Tot over to brown the bottom.
- Bake another 10 to 15 minutes until the bacon is crispy. Cool, serve, and enjoy!
Pictures taken by aspiring photographer my daughter