This is an easy recipe that I found at PotluckDad.com, but with a few changes I made to the original recipe. It didn't need a lot of ingredients, and it can be cooked in a pot on low to med instead of a crockpot (I used a dutch oven pot).
- 1 onion (medium) diced
- 1 lb small red potatoes sliced thin (about 4-5 small red potatoes)
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of chicken )
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey browned and drained
- 1/2 lb Bacon, cooked cut to bite-sized pieces
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with liquid ( I used none)
- 1 cup canned corn drained
- 1 can dark red kidney beans drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded ( I went cheese crazy)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Place all of the ingredients except the cheese in a 4- 6 quart crock- pot and stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. (Note: you can put the potatoes in microwave in a bag to hasten the cook time.) Uncover crock-pot and sprinkle shredded cheese over top and recover and let cook an additional 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Overall, this was easy to make, it tasted pretty good and the meal was filling. I would definitely make it again, but would probably change things up by using different seasonings.