Here is how to make one of my family's favorites: honey comb!
What you need
- 200g of sugar
- 5 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
- Tall sided pan
- Greased tray
1) Grease a tray and leave to the side for later
2) Into a pan pour your sugar and golden syrup, heat on a low heat and continue to stir, don't let your pan boil just yet, keep stirring until all the sugar has dissolved. Turn heat up for a few minutes and continue to stir, add bicarbonate of soda and stir until all the power has been mixed in, your mixture should now foam up, stir and then pour onto your tray.
3) Bam and your done! Leave your mixture to cool. It takes roughly an hour, maybe longer depending on how thick you've spread it across your tray.
Break up with a rolling pin or a toffee hammer. Enjoy!